Dear NightWriters and friends –
First of all let me share some exciting news with you. Ms. Mara Purl, the author of our February pick What the Heart Knows, has graciously offered to participate in our discussion and will answer any questions you may have. She will also be giving out a hardcover copy of one of her books to a lucky winner! What do you have to do to enter? Comment below! I will randomly select the winner from the first five participants.
Below is a list of questions to help you get started. Use them or leave them, but let us know how you liked the book!
1. What is the significance of the title? Would you have given the book a different title? If yes, what is your title?
2. When it comes to making important decisions, do you trust your heart or your head? Do you believe in intuition?
3. What draws people to living in small towns? Would you like to live in Milford-Haven? Why? Why not?
4. Did any of the characters remind you of yourself or someone you know? How?
5. What do you think about Jack and Sally’s relationship? What advice would you give to Sally? What advice would you give to Jack?
6. Do you think that what Miranda and Zack are experiencing is a love at first sight? Do you think they have a future together, or do you think it’s just a fling? What about Cynthia?
7. (And how about that Zelda??)
8. If you could smack any of the characters upside the head, who would it be and why?
9. If you could ask the author a question, what would you ask? (Ask away – Ms. Purl will answer your questions!)