A seventeen-year-old girl stands on an auction block, about to be sold to her fifteenth house. She is an orphan, a slave. But she’s also something more. When her long, white hair is revealed to the crowd, so is her true nature as an Elemental, as a girl with powerful storm-summoning abilities. She can control the weather with her emotions, but for her entire life that has meant that her anger has led to danger and destruction. When she cannot leash her tumult on the inside, the outside world suffers. Her ability is a curse – and now also a weapon.
In September we read a young adult fantasy book written by Mary Weber. What did you think? Let us know in the comment section! If you need help to get started, see our discussion questions below.
1. What did you enjoy the most – the characters, the plot, the magical world in which the story took place, the romance or the political intrigue?
2. Which character was your favorite? Why? Which one was your least favorite? Why?
3. Did you feel instantly transported to the world Mary built or did you find it confusing?
4. What did you think about the language, slang and made-up words?
5. Did you see it coming? (Obviously, we are referring to that ending! Obviously, we did not see it coming!)
If you have any questions for Mary Weber, please write them into the comment section below and we will ask her to answer them for you!
Thank you for reading and don’t forget to check back tomorrow for our October read announcement!