Sexy, platinum blonde movie siren, Gertrude Hurd had it all-fame, men, and riches. But now she was dead. A fallen angel, whose broken body and tarnished halo was lying on a hillside behind her beach front cafe. It’s 1931, and private detective Tom Logan is back, once again immersed in a perplexing mystery, that has him racing against time to track down a merciless killer. As the body count grows, so do the suspects, as his investigation soon has him bucking against corrupt city officials, the mob, and the Hollywood studio system.
1. Which characters did you think committed the crime? Did you guess the culprit before the end?
2. The story takes place in 1931 in Los Angeles. Did the author do a good job of transporting you into that period?
3. How did the time period influence the characters’ actions and beliefs?
4. Besides the main character, what stood out in the story for you? The descriptions? The secondary characters? The dialogue?
5. If you could ask the author a question, what would it be?
Thank you for reading and don’t forget to check back tomorrow for our November read announcement!