We ended the year with Katya Cengel‘s “Bluegrass Baseball: A Year in the Minor League Life”.
Following four Minor League baseball teams in Kentucky through the 2010 season—the triumphs, struggles, and big league hopes and dreams—the book tells the larger story of baseball in America’s smaller venues, where the game in its purest form is still valued and warmly embraced.
What did you think?
The author has graciously agreed to participate in our discussion, and below is a list of questions for her. Feel free to jump in at any point! Leave your comments below.
1. What were some of the behind the scenes things that surprised you about life in the minors?
2. Did any of the players you followed make it big?
3. How does minor league baseball differ from the majors?
4. What is life like for the families of the players?
5. What inspired you to write about minor league baseball?
Thank you all for participating in our SLO NightReaders Online Book Club! We hope you enjoyed our 2014 selection and wish you lots of great reads in 2015!