Would you like to have your story published in local press? Now you can!
Tolosa Press publishes three community newspapers in San Luis Obispo county: The SLO City News, The Coast News and The Bay News. Tolosa Press prints 30,000 copies that are distributed in more than 600 racks/locations in the county, plus your story will be featured online.
We are looking for SHORT FICTION STORIES, with the word limit of 600.
Want to write, but need an inspiration? How about one of these prompts to get you started – use them as the first sentence of your story, or incorporate them as you write along.
- She had waited twenty years to return it.
- Spare some change, please?
- He had kept his mother alive in his thoughts. Too alive, perhaps.
- He looked at his phone, turned pale, then quickly left the room. She watched him, smiling.
- What do you mean, you lost the lottery ticket?
Tolosa Press Submissions Guidelines
*To be eligible to submit, your NightWriter dues must be current.
All submissions must be the original work of the author. You may submit previously published or submitted material if it was not published locally.
– Short stories – fiction and creative non-fiction. All themes are accepted, but please keep in mind that Tolosa Press is a family friendly publication. The publisher prefers pieces that grab the readers and keep them interested until the end.
– Poetry, Essays, Opinion pieces, Excerpts from novels, “How To” articles.
– Send your submission as an attachment, not in the body of the e-mail. Attach as a word document.
– Word limit (strict!) – 500 – 600
– Double space; use readable 12 point font, preferably Times New Roman.
– Insert a header, which should include: title, your name, word count, genre.
– Include a two sentence bio and insert at the bottom of your submission, even if you have submitted before.
Submissions should be sent to: email@example.com, with “Tolosa Call for Submission” in the subject line.
NightWriters reserves the right to edit submissions. Whenever time allows, the author will have the opportunity to approve changes.
If your submission is selected, the NightWriter Photographer may arrange to take your picture to submit with the article.
Tolosa Press Submissions Manager